Improve the Aesthetics of Your Smile with Dental Bonding
Chipped, cracked, broken, and stained teeth can diminish your confidence and overall happiness with your smile. In these cases, dental bonding can be performed to enhance the appearance and health of the teeth. At our Mt. Juliet, TN, practice, Dr. Shaun Bivens and his team offer this popular, versatile cosmetic dentistry procedure for patients who want to improve the aesthetics of their smile. Dr. Bivens combines dedication and a vast skill set, creating dental enhancements that can be life-changing.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a cost-effective and versatile aesthetic procedure. During this treatment, a tooth-colored material, called composite resin, is applied to conceal minor cosmetic imperfections. The material is then sculpted, hardened, and polished for a natural appearance. Dental bonding offers the following benefits:
- Little to no removal of tooth enamel: Unlike porcelain veneers, which involves removal of tooth enamel, dental bonding involves little to none. As a result, more natural tooth structure is preserved.
- Low cost: On average, dental bonding costs approximately $300 to $600 per tooth. Some insurance plans will cover a portion of the cost.
- Quick and easy: Dental bonding is a great alternative for tooth restoration, due to the speed in which it can be done. For many dental bonding procedures, the process can be completed in only one office visit. It generally takes 30 to 60 minutes per tooth.
- Pain free: Generally, anesthesia is not required for dental bonding, unless the composite resin is used to fill a cavity.
Is Dental Bonding Right for Me?
If you want to improve the overall appearance of your teeth, dental bonding may be an excellent solution for you. While other cosmetic procedures can require significant time and cost, dental bonding is a relatively affordable and quick procedure. Dental bonding may also enhance the health of teeth. Patients with receding gums, for example, can use the resin bonding for protection against exposed roots and further decay.
Whether you are looking to repair a broken tooth, address a cavity, or improve the overall appearance of your teeth, dental bonding may be an excellent solution for you.
Dental Bonding Treatment Process
The dental bonding process involves intricacy, but can be completed in a relatively short amount of time. The general steps to the procedure include:
- Thorough examination: Your teeth will be evaluated and your dental history will be collected and assessed.
- Discussion with the dentist: Dr. Bivens will show you which teeth will be bonded and how those teeth will be prepared for bonding.
- Shade selection of composite resin: Finding a shade that best suits you helps ensure your treated teeth will blend in naturally with your smile.
- Tooth preparation: To do this, the tooth surface is thoroughly cleaned and roughened to help the bonding material adhere. If any reshaping is necessary, it will also be completed at this time.
- Application of acid etch: The dentist applies a mildly acidic solution to the surface of the tooth, followed by a conditioning liquid.
- Bonding procedure: The composite resin is then applied to the affected tooth. Dr. Bivens will shape and mold the material until the desired results are achieved. Finally, the composite resin is hardened with a curing light and final adjustments are made.
Contact Bivens Dentistry Today
Whether you are looking to repair a broken tooth or address a cavity, dental bonding may be a beneficial option for you. At Bivens Dentistry, we provide comprehensive dental treatments for the entire family. As a member of the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Bivens also partners with non-profit organizations to provide necessary dental care to persons with reduced or limited incomes. Send us a message or call Bivens Dentistry at (615) 773-8882 to schedule your consultation today.